On a personal level, I am pleased to have a goal. It is hard for me to stay interested in swimming every week now that my outdoor events for 2012 are finished, and I tend to stop swimming so much at this time of year , at least until next year's events are announced and I get motivated again!
I am still running every other day. I have just completed week 4 of the couch to 5km plan. This involved running for 5 minute stints, with shorter walks in between, and a couple of 3 minute runs. Over the 30 minute podcast, there is 16 minutes of running, so I am definitely running more than I am walking over the half hour workout now. Week 5 looks difficult. There are 3 different workouts in week 5, and the third one, which I will complete next Saturday if training goes to plan, involves running for 20 minutes without stopping. I really can't see me being able to do this in 6 days time. But I shall place my faith in the training plan; it seems to work well for lots of people.
Have learnt a few things about running this week:
- Not to brush my teeth just before a run. It makes my mouth claggy and therefore harder to breath.
- To tie double knots in my laces as they WILL come un-done otherwise.
- Not to wear thermal cycling tights in September. Too hot.
- I need more than one sports bra, or laundry issues will mean running without one (not good).
- Running in the rain will mean my in-ear earphones will fall out of my ears.