Sunday 27 March 2011

Spring is here!

It's been a while since I updated and my enthusiasm for swimming has waned somewhat over the last 4-5 weeks, meaning I am now considering swimming a reduced distance in the Swimathon event in 3 weeks time (eeek!) I think I will now be entering the 1.5k distance which is 60 lengths. Quite simply, if I do distances further than this, it is likely I am in the pool for more than 45 minutes and I am finding my boredom threshold being challenged. So instead of getting bored swimming up and down, I am concentrating on shorter distances.

I am certain now that I will quit swimming once the Great North Swim event in June, I need a break from it; though I do expect I will start again in the Autumn and I have plans to swim with a Masters Group next year.

I have maintained enthusiasm for Zumba though and have been twice every single week since it started in January!

And now Spring is here, and the lighter nights start happening from TONIGHT.. it was time to get back in the saddle properly! I took my road bike out today for it's first proper run and I did about 6 miles. I could feel the adrenalin pumping through me as I was pretty nervous about riding this fast, skinny-tyred, bumpy little bike which allowed me to experience very fast speeds with very little effort! The slightest movement from my hands (braking/changing gear) meant I was wobbling out on the front wheel. The gears were a dream compared to my mountain bike, if not a little odd to change because of the shape of the handlebars. Overall, it was fun, I AM BACK ON MY BIKE and this year I will be faster!

My husband has now completed his build-a-tri-bike project and he is the proud owner of a self-built carbon fiber road bike. I will post a photo as soon as I get my camera back from the insurance people who are trying to decide whether it can be fixed or needs replacing..... He has entered 4 triathlons this year and I will hopefully be attending them all with him and capturing the days on camera (once it is repaired... I feel lost without it!) He has already calculated how much faster he is this compared to his first year in triathlons last year, so expecting great things :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment