Friday 8 October 2010

90 lengths in 5 days!

I went for my third swim today, that's the third in 5 days .. in fact the fourth if you count the splash-about I had with my two year old this afternoon!

I completed another 30 lengths breaststroke, making a total of 90 lengths in 5 days. I am hoping to be able to do 90 lengths in one session by Spring, though I have no idea how long it will take me, or if I will be able to do much of that in front crawl.

I found the 30 length distance came quite easily today, so I am going to start focusing on improving my stroke (thanks to You Tube!) and maybe next month buying a book with training plans; I am in need of goals....

I am feeling a little anxious about swimming front crawl and haven't tried it yet. Mostly I am anxious because as a teenager, I always swam crawl as a sprint, ie for short, fast distances. And often, I swam crawl during swimming club sessions, so there was no need to worry about other people and bumping into them. Public swimming sessions at the local pool can be busy, and tonight for example, was full of teenagers, who I kept having to swim around. I will perhaps go on Sunday morning when it should be quite quiet and give it a go then, but I don't expect to be able to swim more than half a length in crawl.

No comments:

Post a Comment